Save money by saving water
The RainSava system from Anua offers the perfect solution for preserving and utilizing a natural resource: rainwater. The RainSava residential rainwater harvesting and rainwater collection system offers a sustainable, eco-friendly alternative to public water supply for non-potable household use.
Harvesting rainwater has significantly increased in popularity in recent years, with the growing recognition that water is a precious and finite commodity. Rainwater offers a sustainable environmental alternative to mains water for all non-potable uses. The collection of rainwater can also reduce surface water around the home and may offer a storm water management solution.
Nature delivers an abundant supply of soft rainwater directly to your property. The roof, gutters and downpipes all act as an inbuilt collection system. RainSava then filters out leaves and debris from this natural resource and stores it in an underground tank. This water can then be pumped into the home for use in non-potable applications such as washing machines, toilet-flushing and for outdoor uses such as watering the garden and washing the car.
Anua offers a variety of systems to suit client requirements. These include direct pressurised systems and an indirect gravity fed system.
- Sustainable solution for water use
- Save up to 50% on mains water usage
- Significant reduction in water bills
- Ensures low visual impact on your property
- Adds value to property
- No limescale (rainwater is ‘soft’)
- Designed for low maintenance
- Low power requirements
- Ease of installation reducing site costs through time and materials
- The below-ground tank means it is discreet
- The below-ground tank means there is no algae growth
- The best source for water irrigation
- RainSava system is designed in accordance with BS8515: 2009 Rainwater Harvesting Systems Code of Practice
- Residential housing
- Holiday homes
- Off-mains developments where water shortages exist
- Off mains developments using low yielding groundwater wells
1. Collection – The traditional roof, gutters and downpipes act as the collection system
2. Filtration – Before being stored the water is filtered to prevent debris and leaves entering the system
3. Calmed flow – The flow of the water into the tank is calmed by a smoothing inlet filter ensuring a larger clear zone
4. Storage – The filtered water is stored in a GRP tank (Glass Reinforced Plastic)
5. Delivery – Water is taken from the storage tank to the usage points by submersible pumps with a floating suction filter attached. The filter intake position is just below the surface of the water – this location in conjunction with the filter ensures delivery of the cleanest water possible
6. Controls – The delivery pump is controlled using a combined pressure switch and flow controller to activate the pump according to demand, ensuring minimal energy usage
In addition, a level control switch within the storage unit allows mains water top-up in accordance with BS EN 13076 when stored water is unavailable for the immediate demand. (Optional for Garden system). A Level Gauge to give a visual indication of the water level within the storage unit can be provided.
7. Overflow – During extreme rainfall events, the overflow unit allows excessive flows to exit the system. The Anua overflow unit provides a skimming facility which periodically removes pollen and other debris floating at top water level, which if retained within the storage unit can have a detrimental effect on the delivered water quality. The overflow arrangement should contain an anti-backflow capability to maintain the stored water quality.
The RainSava system is made up of a number of separate, high-quality components. The majority are located in the underground storage tank, while the flow controller, mainswater top-up assembly and the level gauge (if used) should be fitted in a convenient location within the building – for example, a utility room.
Anua has the products and expertise to tackle the most extreme sites and meet the most stringent environmental regulations. Our knowledgeable team members are here to assist you.
- Free technical support and consultation during all project stages
- Support and interface with state/province, county/parish, township, or local regulators
- Excel spreadsheet packages for easy design
- Product manuals and drawings in CAD or PDF
- Presentations, webinars, and training on products or requested topics
- Network of local distributors throughout North America
- Network of authorized installers and service providers throughout North America
Anua has been in business in North America for over 20 years. This longevity and commitment to product and support quality gives our customers peace of mind in a turbulent marketplace.